Greetings, Good Sir/Madam

Let me introduce myself. You can call me Wikiphiliac (you can also call me Pimp Daddy or Your Majesty, if you'd like). No silly, that's not actually what my parents named me. If all goes as planned, you'll never know what my parents named me.

I, as well as my partner-in-crime, Sir Aspirant Esq., are operating under pseudonyms not because we think they're witty (though Wikiphiliac is a tad witty, I must admit -- credit to a good friend), but because we think they serve an important purpose. Under their protection, we hope that we can speak freely about our thoughts, musings, broodings, hmm maybe even schemings.

We hope that our no holds-barred writing will spur YOU -- the readers -- into thinking and questioning and will stir those mental juices long made dormant by too many hours of LOST or The O.C. We hope that you will feed off our posts and that we will feed off your comments, triggering a stimulating exchange of ideas that is based on reason and respect for others' views, not prejudices and dogma.

Now a word about my name -- yes, I must admit, that I am, in fact, a "lover" of Wikipedia: it's simple, revolutionary open-source philosophy, and its endless of bounds of knowledge about EVERYTHING the mind can fathom... Okay, okay, I'll even admit to getting a kick out of Wikipedia races (if you don't know what those are yet, you will learn soon enough).

Often, but not always, my posts will be inspired by something funny, eye-opening or shocking I happen to land upon on Wikipedia (or some other site) in the course of my three hours or so surfing the Internets each day. Really, I just hope to have fun with this and learn a bit, and I hope you will too. To keep this blog alive, you need to do more than read. You need to comment! All comments are appreciated: anything from "Wikiphilia, you are so damn insightful, I want to have your babies." to "Wikiphilia, you are an ignorant bigot, who writes like a fourth grader." Okay, maybe the former would be slightly more appreciated than the latter, BUT you get the point -- Whatever you're thinking as you read my posts, click "Comment" and type it, because I want to hear your thoughts, and from them, can blossom a fruitful dialogue, which we all can grow from.

Aiiight folks, that's all for now. Stay tuned.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it

you said to type "it" =)

and btw, I LIKE the OC!

Anonymous said...

Ditto that - The OC was a solid show (but unfortunately got pretty terrible towards the last seasons)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails